Google analytics script

Latest jQuery CDN with code tiggling.

Tuesday 17 August 2010

// I need my own blog
public void Blog_Start(object sender, EventArgs e){…}

Blogs have been around for a long time (at least by others), but until recently I haven't really given it a serious thought of starting my own. I simply didn't really know what to write about and I would spectacularly fail in writing my own memoires or something similar.

I usually try not to spend too much time on social networks where I don't find any obvious benefits. That's the main reason I haven't signed for Facebook even though everyone seems to hang out there. I have however participated on Twitter for some time now which saved me quite some time because I used to follow RSS feeds using Google Reader. I have to admit that since using Twitter I seldomly use the service any more. It's of course not the same, but I obviously don't miss it too much. Authors of particular RSS feeds are on Twitter as well and I follow them there. So for me it seems that RSS is out and Twitter's in.

So why did I decide to start my own blog anyway? And what will it be about? The answer to "why" is my own memory capacity that can't hold every past code detail any more. And since I'm a professional software developer it will be about this matter. My kind of subject that I love.

The thing is I'm working as a contractor on various projects for various clients. And quite frequently I come across similar problems that need to be solved. But when I need the solution I'm already working with a different client on some other project and code that would solve my problem is long gone.

This is the main reason I'm starting my own blog. To write about interesting solutions to everyday problems. It will as well be about some tricks that I found out while doing software development. I expect my posts to be quite sporadic. The reason explained previously is quite obvious.

All code in my blogs will however be helpful to me as well as you, fellow developer. Language will be English even though I'm Slovenian so expect strange wording/spelling/etc. In terms of development language it will mostly be C#. So bare with me and provide some feedback. I'll be glad to listen in.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogosphere, Robert! I will follow your blog with curiosity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter. I hope you'll find something useful for your own projects. I don't expect too frequent posts though.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fully moderated comments section. All spam comments are marked as spam without exception. Don't even try.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.